VMware Horizon Community
ramachandrankes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Office 365 Apps - SignIn and Activation

Hi All, We use Instant Clone Floating assignment for the users to use desktop pools. I have installed Microsoft 365 Enterprise Apps application in the parent image and added registry key to use Shared Activation via GPO and user automatic sign to the application. I see that office application recognize my name when I open office apps inside VDI desktop but each time, it is asking me to activate office when I login the next day. How can I resolve this issue? Thanks, Ram
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Ciao 
you have to use either Writable Volume from AppVolume or FSLOGIX (office container) to host the Office 365 license token
In this link more details:

Best Practices for Delivering Microsoft Office 365 in VMware Horizon | VMware

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

0 Kudos
ramachandrankes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Fabio, I have used the below blog to deploy office apps. In this blog it has mentioned that office activation will be done automatically. Is that something we need to use writable volumes as a mandatory. https://www.stephenwagner.com/2021/08/06/microsoft-office-365-vdi/#h-installing-office-365-with-non-... Thanks, Ram
0 Kudos
ramachandrankes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Fabio,

I have used below GPO to get my office products to activate automatically using federated organization credentials.

OfficeActivation_VDI-3.jpg

Thanks,

Ram

0 Kudos
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Ciao 

but as indicated in Stephen's link you have configured the GPO of where to go to save the file activation tokens

fabio1975_0-1665508004039.png

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

0 Kudos
SchwarzC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, I know its been awhile with this topic - but did you find a fix for this?

0 Kudos