VMware Horizon Community
serinfbco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Office 2019 - Persona Management - Prompt password or "Fix me" problem with Modern Authentication

We are trying to enable modern authentication for our O365 Tenant, but the second login, the user have to retype the password on Outlook or they have to click the button "Fix me" in Microsoft Word to access the work email account again.

The workaround we found out, it works with basic authentication only

(HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity:"EnableADAL"=dword:00000000).

No password prompt in Outlook or "Fix me" in other Office programs.

Is there any way to enable the modern authentication with Persona Management ? Are there any files that need to be synced by Persona ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
serinfbco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I went ahead and test how it works.

I needed to insert this registry key instead ::: DisableADALatopWAMOverride ::: DWORD( 1) in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity

It creates some files hidden (protected by system too) in the folder C:\users\xxx\appdata\local\microsoft\credentials

In Windows Credentials Manager, it creates a lot of credentials about Microsoft Office 16_Data:ADAL: xxxx-xxx-xxx-xx...

Without the registry key, it only creates ADALWAM, it will not work.

Hope it helps someone.

thispc.pngadal.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi,

Sorry, but what does this question have to do with the VMware forum?

Try asking in the Microsoft technet forum:

Technet forums - Office 2016, Office 2019, and Office 365 ProPlus - IT Pro Discussions

Best regards,

Alessandro Romeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
serinfbco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I went ahead and test how it works.

I needed to insert this registry key instead ::: DisableADALatopWAMOverride ::: DWORD( 1) in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity

It creates some files hidden (protected by system too) in the folder C:\users\xxx\appdata\local\microsoft\credentials

In Windows Credentials Manager, it creates a lot of credentials about Microsoft Office 16_Data:ADAL: xxxx-xxx-xxx-xx...

Without the registry key, it only creates ADALWAM, it will not work.

Hope it helps someone.

thispc.pngadal.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos