VMware Horizon Community
madmanjc
Contributor
Contributor

Odd error connecting to View environment (Security Server0 from XP only

I just upgraded my environment from View 4.6 to 5.0 (not ready for 5.1 yet).

Everything works great except that the new View client (5.0) on XP will not connect externally through my Security Server. I receive an "Event ID 104: Invalid or Unrecognized Response". Windows Vista and Windows 7 connect fine externaly. Also, if I downgrade the client to View 4.6, XP works... Additionally, the XP (with View 5.0 client) connects fine internally.

I haven't been able to find much in the forums or on google regarding an issue like this. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Do you have SP3 on the XP-machine?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
madmanjc
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. the workstations are runing SP3 and are 32 bit.

I think we've narrowed down the problem a little bit. The Security server presented to the public internet through a NAT translation (address and port). vdi.company.com:<customport> is translated to the an internal IP: 10.0.10.200:443. If we place an XP system on the same subnet as the security server and direct the communication (via hosts file) everything works great.

So something is happening during the translation.

What is weird is Windows Vista and Windows 7 systems work great regardless...

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Aha, does your external URL and PCoIP Url match the public one?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos