VMware Horizon Community
kimono
Expert
Expert

OSX "error testing JVM null" when accessing VDM page

My OSX Leopard has the latest JVM according to Software Update, but still VDM pops up with "Error testing JVM Null", and has numerous hanging issues while trying to satisfy it's SSL certificates.

Any body else experience this with their Mac?

/kimono/

/kimono/
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

Post moved to the product specific VDM forum

Tom Howarth

VMware Communities User Moderator

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
lhundt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same here, I looked at the error and it seems that it started after I installed a purchased SSL Cert. I found an article that references the same error and it looks like some java packages are signed with VMware's certificate. When Mac's try to connect Java doesn't like the mismatch of SSL certs. I'm not a SSL or Java expert, does anyone think this is the case? Has anyone out there installed their own purchased SSL cert and not seen this error?

I don't think we will get much of a response since the VDM Admin guide refers to Mac clients as "experimental".

Lance

0 Kudos
kimono
Expert
Expert

Still can't find my way around these "new" forums properly... Thanks Smiley Wink

/kimono/

/kimono/
0 Kudos
lhundt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Kimono,

I made some more progress on Mac OSX and VDM usage. I've seen the "Error testing JVM Null" pop up on firefox, but I haven't seen that in Safari. You may want to strictly use Safari for VDM web access. If you see SSL certificate errors like SSL mismatch, we had to clear the "saved trusted java files" in java preferences and that seemed to help. When Java pops up about trusting the certificate, you can select "Show certificate" and choose "Always trust" and this stops users from being prompted every time. Hope this helps! Thanks!

Lance

0 Kudos