VMware Horizon Community
wzola1
Contributor
Contributor

OS optimization Tool - Missing Calculator

Hi!

I have a Windows 10 1903 base image with a lot of custom settings and applications. One of the first customization I did was run the OS optimization Tool. It has now been discovered that the calculator Windows build-in application is needed. How can i put it back to the image? (revert to previous snapshot will be too difficult because of the lot of changes I did in the last two months.

From Windows support sites I found this powershell command but it did not work for me.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.WindowsCalculator | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Techstarts
Expert
Expert

you can rollback Customization. Hope you are aware of this.

With Great Regards,
0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Not sure it works for this because it uses powershell to delete the app

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Try to install the calculator app from the windows store again, if not  open a ticket with Microsoft if you can, I'm not sure if this violates the windows store license or not, but there are pages out there that describe how to download the correct files from outside the windows store and install the manually. Outside of this I'm pretty sure you need to start over again.

0 Kudos