VMware Horizon Community
ksliger_pnfp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

OPSWAT for BYOD endpoint compliance checks - anyone used it?

Wondering if anyone has used OPSWAT for BYOD endpoint compliance checks and curious to hear some feedback. With recent security vulnerabilities outlined in VMSA-2018-0003, now more than ever it is important to enforce endpoint compliant checks on BYOD devices.

VMware, please consider integrating more ways to do this directly into the horizon product and don't force us to rely on third party solutions. For example, there really should be a native way to enforce Horizon Client versions in a way that gently prompts the end user to upgrade to a specified version before they can connect. Thanks in advance for your consideration!

3 Replies
KyranBrophy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I 100% agree with you.

I haven't used the OPSWAT MetaAccess integration with UAG's, but I had the same thoughts about 3rd-party solutions as you had. In BYOD scenarios, it could be difficult to deploy the MetaAccess Agent; a more elegant solution would be to incorporate the status agent in to the Horizon Client. VMware would need to take a more active role in the endpoint compliance checking mechanism for that to work however.

MikeC3964
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi ksliger_pnfp​,

I've used it before, what are you looking to find out? We kicked it around in a POC and it worked exactly as it was designed to, and was priced very nicely. We haven't taken it out of a POC yet, since this solution combination doesn't support iOS (VMware not OPSWAT) which in our opinion was a huge disappointment.

-Mike

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have not used it but be aware that starting with version 3.4 the UAG are now licensed and you need Horizon Enterprise for End Point Compliance.

Standard, Advanced, and Enterprise Editions

We've been complaining to our account team and submitting feature suggestions for years that Horizon should have built-in reporting and a configurable minimum Horizon Client version.

0 Kudos