VMware Horizon Community
ShaunDarkLord
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Novell Client - RDP does Single Sign On - PCOIP prompts for login details......

Hi all

Now that I've got PCoIP working, I've discovered a minor issue. I'm running the Novell Client on my machines, and this works fine with RDP - I log into the View client, hit connect and am logged straight in to both AD and edirectory.

However, if I switch to PCoIP, the Novell login window appears. It's a minor annoyance, but I hope someone knows of a workaround.

Thanks

Shaun

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I've been meaning to blog about this, but the solution is to put the Novell client into "passive mode" as shown here: http://www.novell.com/documentation/noclienu/noclienu/?page=/documentation/noclienu/noclienu/data/b7... . It looks like this is available starting in Novell Client 4.91 SP5. This causes the GINA to behave like the MSGINA so we can work correctly with it. I haven't tested this out myself, but SE's have reported success with this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I've been meaning to blog about this, but the solution is to put the Novell client into "passive mode" as shown here: http://www.novell.com/documentation/noclienu/noclienu/?page=/documentation/noclienu/noclienu/data/b7... . It looks like this is available starting in Novell Client 4.91 SP5. This causes the GINA to behave like the MSGINA so we can work correctly with it. I haven't tested this out myself, but SE's have reported success with this.

0 Kudos
ShaunDarkLord
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That did the trick Smiley Happy

Thankyou!

0 Kudos
ShaunDarkLord
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Not sure if it was the 4.5 agent, or something else, but now that PCoIP is working fine with the passive NW client, RDP is not - It's prompting for a Novell login, and then not running the login script.........

Think I might have to build some connection specific workstations and limit them to only one connection type.........

0 Kudos
eswing
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Anyone know if their is a configuration for the Novell client that will allow Single Sign-On with either a PCoIP or a RDP connection? Seems to be one or the another for some reason.

0 Kudos
ShaunDarkLord
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm having to run two pools - one for PCoIP and one for RDP. It's a pain, but because you can restrict access to certain pools from certain connection servers, it has meant the my users have stopped trying to connect via PCoIP from home..........

0 Kudos
thorwitt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same problem here, anyone got a solution for SSO with Novell Client and RDP + PCOIP?

0 Kudos
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Have you complained to Novell about it? The issue is that when you switch their component into Passive Mode it doesn't work correctly in this way.

0 Kudos
jgruenke
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This did work correctly in past versions of View, until 4.5 came out. It seems with the agent install they don't give you the option to not install the 'view secure authentication' piece.

If you install the old 4.0.2 version of the View agent, and do not install the view secure authentication piece of the agent, that hopefully should start working for you again. Not really a great solution, but could be better than running two pools.

If anyone does find a solution to this using the 4.5 agent, I would be glad to know how they did it!

0 Kudos
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Our PCoIP session management code requires the presence of our GINA; if not, you may run into delays of up to 60 seconds when disconnecting/reconnecting. Our GINA works around a bug in Microsoft's GINA.

0 Kudos
thorwitt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Any news to this, it would be great if we can do a single sign on with RDP and PCOIP with the Novell Client.

0 Kudos
ShaunDarkLord
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm testing now with View 4.6 and ZENworks 11

0 Kudos
ShaunDarkLord
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Still the same - Two pools with different connection types required.................

BUT - Now in RDP, the Novell login appears too late, so ZENworks 11 reboots the client in order to apply the GP!

0 Kudos