chrisdhalstead
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Notice: Adobe Flash End of Life will affect versions of Horizon earlier than 7.10 - Please Read

Please read this blog if you are running VMware Horizon less than version 7.10.  
The Adobe Flash End of Life on 12/31/20 will affect you and your choices are:

Blog: https://blogs.vmware.com/euc/2020/11/adobe-flash-player-end-of-life-vmware-horizon.html

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Halstead Staff Architect, EUC Technical Marketing chalstead@vmware.com Twitter: @chrisdhalstead
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Super6VCA
Expert
Expert

I found this out drectly myself without warning. On version 7.7 waiting on new hardware.  Now i can't recompose.  Any work-a-rounds for that??  

Thank you, Perry
0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

just download firefox and older version flash if you can't upgrade immediately, if you isolate the vm  with firewall rules should limit any security risk.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

See whether https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/78589 is an option for you.

André

0 Kudos
novell1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, I did install a new VM temporarly until all is updated to Horizon8. The new VM is not member of a domain (workgroup) it is working with Firefox V70 portable without dns entry's.  With that, it is save and the hole administration with View 7.x is working with flash fine.

0 Kudos
DaIceMan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I was running 7.10 and when upgrading to 7.13 I found that there is still no way to set a pairing password for the Security Server in the HTML5 interface. I worked around this by using a Windows 7 machine and rolled back the date 1 year for Flash to work using the "good old" flex interface. I didn't find this script until digging further on the issue. However, is this by design/wanted? It seems that this option has been left out in the HTML5 version also in version 7.13.

0 Kudos
chrisdhalstead
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yeah it is by design.  There are no plans to port security server management into the HTML5 console.  That’s why I wrote the script to allow management of security servers with a GUI and to set the pairing password.  Everyone should really be moving to UAG.

Chris Halstead Staff Architect, EUC Technical Marketing chalstead@vmware.com Twitter: @chrisdhalstead