VMware Horizon Community
robinstolpe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Not all CS appears under INBOUND NEIGHBORS when checking replications

Hi,

When I run "repadmin.exe /showrepl localhost:389 DC=vdi,DC=vmware,DC=int" on my connection servers not all shows up on each connection server, every connection server shows different results. Non replays with an error.

Example what they show that they has as INBOUND NEIGHBORS:
CS1: CS2 and CS4
CS2: CS1 and CS3
CS3: CS2 and CS4
CS4: CS3 and CS1

CS3 and CS4 are 1:1 with a UAG but CS 1 and CS2 are not as they are used inside the LAN but all of them shows up under servers in Horizon View Administration GUI

I have checked and all of them show the same fSMORoleOwner that's the CS4

Is that correct or should I re-install some of the connection servers? Shouldn't all of them replicate with all the servers?

IT engineer that works with the hole VMWare portfolio and also loves to develop and automate in C# and PowerShell
0 Kudos
1 Reply
kvmw2130
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

This is absolutely fine that you see all the 4 servers in the UI. These are dependant on ADLDS role installed on the system and it would have 2 inbound neighbours for replication and they maintain the data consistency the way you have shared,

CS1: CS2 and CS4
CS2: CS1 and CS3
CS3: CS2 and CS4
CS4: CS3 and CS1

It does not matter whether the CS 3 and CS 4 tagged for UAG for external purpose, it still replicates with other internal servers CS1 and CS2 to ensure the complete pool configuration , machines, users and computer details are in sync. This happens from the day you have installed these servers as replica. 

UAG Registration on Horizon UI is to monitor the health of the UAG and rest of the connection pairing and routing configuration will be done at UAG level. 

0 Kudos