VMware Horizon Community
apbaseball
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No vGPU Profiles Available?

I'm working on helping a customer deploy NVIDIA M10 GPUs for their Horizon environment.

I've installed the VIBs on the ESXi hosts and now I'm trying to add the shared PCI device to our Windows 10 base image with no luck. None of the graphics profiles show up when I try to add the new shared PCI device.

Running NVIDIA-SMI from the shell shows the driver and GPUs installed. I believe I am using the correct vGPU drivers.

Screenshots are attached.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
apbaseball
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This turned out to be an issue with the Host Graphics Settings under Configure --> Hardware --> Host Graphics.

By default, the graphics type is set to Shared - VMware shared virtual graphics.

This must be changed to Shared Direct - Vendor shared pass through graphics and the host rebooted. After the host is rebooted the graphics type changes from Shared to Shared Direct. You are then able to add a shared PCI device and select the GPU profile.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
apbaseball
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This turned out to be an issue with the Host Graphics Settings under Configure --> Hardware --> Host Graphics.

By default, the graphics type is set to Shared - VMware shared virtual graphics.

This must be changed to Shared Direct - Vendor shared pass through graphics and the host rebooted. After the host is rebooted the graphics type changes from Shared to Shared Direct. You are then able to add a shared PCI device and select the GPU profile.

0 Kudos