VMware Horizon Community
virtualtrenz
Contributor
Contributor

No sound on any Vmware View Desktops with PCOIP through client or html 5

Does anyone know what I can do to troubleshoot not having sound on any of the Virtual Desktops that  I am deploying in Vmware Horizon View 5.3. I have the Feature pack 1 installed and it is using the regular vmware virtual audio driver. It is using PCOIP.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mobinqasim786
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi I had the same issue while evaluating Horizon View 5.2. Have you linked PCoIP group policy settings (to enable Audio on PCoIP session) on the required View Desktops?

I solved this issue by removing  HD audio in VM settings.

Regards

victorf
Contributor
Contributor

Try downloading and installing the Teradici audio driver in the gold copy, set it as the default in audio properties. Seal your gold copy and recompose.

Vic
0 Kudos
virtualtrenz
Contributor
Contributor

I already tried the Teradici audio driver on another gold copy with the feature pack. I thought that was it, but it didn't work.

0 Kudos
virtualtrenz
Contributor
Contributor

This is something I suggested out of the bat out of all the AD changes, I had a hunch it would be something in AD. I wish I could try it and see, but I don't have any access to the customer. thanks.

0 Kudos
JDoubleU7
Contributor
Contributor

You should make sure that the volume is turned up on the machine that you are using to connect to your virtual desktop from.  If that is turned down or muted on the client, then it doesn't matter if the volume on the virtual desktop is turned all the way up. 

0 Kudos