VMware Horizon Community
Fogliano
Contributor
Contributor

No sound in my VMWare View Desktop

Hi all,

I saw other threads that listed people with similar problems but neither those threads or Google seemed to have a good fix for my issue.  I have View version 5.2 with server 2012 running as the desktop and I have no sound.  The sound works just fine on the physical machine and in the properties I have the Teradici driver and when you do a test the green bar moves up and down as well as in the mixer.  But there is no sound coming through my headphones.  Does anyone have any idea on what I should look for next?

Thanks,

Brandon

4 Replies
smith_ll
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm seeing similar issues but its isolated and only seems to affect Google Chrome.

Sound on the desktop itself is fine, but Chrome fails to play any sound.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

View 5.2 is wouldn't old, do you mean horizon client? Usually the sound has to be isntalled when the horizon/view agent is installed, do you know if it was enabled?

ymagalif
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Brandon,

Uninstall the agent inside the Virtual Desktop, Reboot, uninstall Vmware Tools, Reboot, install Tools, reboot, reinstall Agent, reboot.

Try a different Horizon Client version on your Physical access point (reinstall).

Sincerely,

Yury Magalif

0 Kudos
simpss
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had the same issue with no sound in Google Chrome. It was fixed after I changed the GPO in the following article:

https://tyksinski.com/no-chrome-sound-on-horizon/#:~:text=One%20of%20the%20major%20new,sound%20from%...

0 Kudos