VMware Horizon Community
pizzim13
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No option to specify the Connection server when installing View agent 6.x

Let me start off with this is the first every working with Horizon/View. I am trying to setup some virtual windows 8.1 desktops in my desktop pool. According to the setup instructions I need to install the view agent on the vm and it will prompt me to specify my Connection server. It never does. I accept the EULA, choose the features I want to install, click Install, the app installs and then prompts for a restart. At no time can I input my Connection server info, therefore I cannot add it to a desktop pool. What I am missing?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I think you only need to specify the connection broker when your installing the agent on a machine not managed by vCenter.   

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I think you only need to specify the connection broker when your installing the agent on a machine not managed by vCenter.   

0 Kudos
pizzim13
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That is interesting. I have the virtual desktops in a separate vsphere environment than my connection server. (One is test and has less resources...yada yada) My idea was to setup these desktops as unmanaged in View. I wonder if the agent installer detects vmware tools or specific vmware virtual hardware installed and just assumes that the desktops will be setup as managed. I will do some more testing and move the vms to the same test enivorment that my connection is registered to.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Correct, it detects that you are running on vSphere.

Run the installer with the option /vVDM_VC_MANAGED_AGENT=0”

Then it should ask for the connection broker during install.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".