VMware Horizon Community
lingles
Contributor
Contributor

No Datastores to select

I installed Horizon View 6.2 and started setting up an automated linked clone pool.  Everything was going great until I had to select the datastores for the clones.  When I click to select them, the dialog box pops up but there are no datastores listed.  I even created a separate datastore inside vCenter dedicated for the VDI environment.  I am trying to figure out why I cannot see anything.  We are running a IBM V5000 SAN if that helps.  Any input would very much appreciated!  Thank you!

6 Replies
joshopper
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you go to the Dashboard screen -> vSphere Components -> Datastores do you see anything populated there? If there is nothing there I would check what privileges the user account you used to add vCenter in to the View Administrator and make sure that account has access to the storage resources. 

0 Kudos
gmtx
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Any chance the host(s) you've selected as the destination for the VMs are in maintenance mode?

Geoff

0 Kudos
lingles
Contributor
Contributor

No, it's blank...

0 Kudos
lingles
Contributor
Contributor

They are all out of maintenance mode...

0 Kudos
joshopper
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Here are the privs required for the vCenter user: Documentation for VMware Horizon 6 version 6.2

0 Kudos
lingles
Contributor
Contributor

OMG!  That did it Joshopper!  I had the privs set correctly, just too low in the cluster tree!  Thank you both for your replies.  Good call Joshopper!