VMware Horizon Community
RickBoyett
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

New version of Horizon Suite coming soon???

I was reading the transcripts from last weeks earnings report (July 23, 2013) for VMware and found this nugget interesting:

From Pat Gelsinger:

At end user computing, our Horizon View virtual desktop infrastructure product was granted Target Platform status by Epic Systems. This is a significant partnership as Epic offers an integrated suite of healthcare software to large healthcare organizations and VMware is the only VDI provider to achieve Target Platform status. We already have 12 customers running Epic on VMware View including Providence Health Systems, Kettering Health Systems and Hackensack Medical Center.

We're also excited to announce later this month a new version of our Horizon Suite. These are just a few examples of many we can point to as prove points that all three legs of our strategy are gaining momentum. Overall, our new products that extend the portfolio beyond standalone vSphere demonstrated strong double-digit growth, clear evidence that we are continuing to accelerate customer adoption.

VMware, Inc. (VMW) CEO Discusses Q2 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - Seeking Alpha (requires free registration)

Any thoughts out there??

========================================================================= Rick Boyett HP Enterprise Services Infrastructure Modernization (IMOD) VMware VCP 2, 3, 4 VMware VCAP-DCA4
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

This was announced today:

VMware Introduces Horizon Workspace™ 1.5 and New VMware Ready™ Devices | VMware End-User Computing B...

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Very rarely will you see anyone comment on a new release before it's been announced.     With VMworld coming up we could see an announcement there if there is one.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

This was announced today:

VMware Introduces Horizon Workspace™ 1.5 and New VMware Ready™ Devices | VMware End-User Computing B...

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
RickBoyett
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I guess that was it.  Good stuff.  I like hearing about their iOS 7 plans. 

========================================================================= Rick Boyett HP Enterprise Services Infrastructure Modernization (IMOD) VMware VCP 2, 3, 4 VMware VCAP-DCA4
0 Kudos