VMware Horizon Community
lsulax
Contributor
Contributor

New to VDI - help on choosing thin clients

I'm looking at using the Samsung NC240 PCoIP Monitors in our envirnoment- Is this the best on the market?

http://www.samsung.com/us/business/monitors/LF24PPBCB/ZA

specs that I need : DVI output

able to use dual monitors

gb nic

true zero thin client

thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I have moved this to the VMware View forum.  I know this doesn't specify VMware View directly but I felt you would get a better response to your question.  We don't have a ton of thin clients maybe only 15 throughout our entire organization and most of those are the Wyse P20.   We do have one Samsung monitor in our environment and I haven't heard of any issues with it.   My only concern is that it seems like the thin client would greatly outlive the monitor. 

0 Kudos
mholgate
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We had the same requirements when we chose the Samsung NC190.

We are upgrading 300 PC workstations to View, so we have a lot of existing monitors in our environment. We opted to go to a dual monitor standard by using the pre-existing monitors with the Samsungs.

Overall the Samsungs have been a great solution for us with only a few cons:

-Weak monitor stands

-Lack of intigrated speaker

-4:3 format (widescreens becoming more standardized)

Mike   VM...Virtually!!

Mike... VM, Virtually!!
0 Kudos
Stu_McHugh
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I using the Samsung NC190 also.  It's a great monitor and zero client.  I'm not sure how it will compare to the software based 'thin' clients but I like them!  Use the Teradici manage console virtual appliance (free at teradici's website) to manage all the zero clients.  It saves a lot of manual labour.

Stuart ------------------------------------------------ Please award points to any useful answers..
0 Kudos