VMware Horizon Community
jdhughes1981
Contributor
Contributor

New display problems for multiple monitors after switching to Sierra

I was previously running VMware Horizon Client 3.5 on El Capitan. I have 3 monitors, one is vertical and the other 2 horizontal, and all worked great as separate monitors until I switched to Sierra. Now, I can only use one of them and when I enter full-screen mode, it no longer works across all three. I've tried finding a solution to this in various threads, but cannot. Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE: To add a new twist to this, mid-session this morning without me changing anything all the monitors started working as they were again. The session shows it is in full-screen mode.

SOLVED: I downloaded VMWare Client 4.2 and it fixed the problem.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CSR66
Contributor
Contributor

I am running OS X 10.12.3 on a new 2016 MacBook Pro retina (touch bar) connected to 3 Dell UP2516D 1440p monitors. When I shift to full screen mode a get one monitor ok bu the other two go black but my mouse is still visible on the other two. I am using the latest 4.3.0 Horizon Desktop Client. Any workaround or suggestions to get the other 2 monitors working? If I unplug one of the monitors I can get two working ok but my understanding is that 3 monitors should work fine. All help appreciated.

0 Kudos
smoiron
Contributor
Contributor

I guess there are limits in the maximum number of pixels you can have in a single dimension (e.g. X-axis)

Are the 3 monitors in a single row like M1-M2-M3 ?

Try Changing the monitor layout to:

M1-M2

M3

0 Kudos
Thomas3528
Contributor
Contributor

What's the external monitor's interface you use to connect the 2016 MacBook Pro. I can't use my 2016 MacBook Pro to connect to Dell monitors.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos