VMware Horizon Community
caryers
Contributor
Contributor

New View Client 5 Update 1 Issue

I see that there is a new View 5 Update 1 Client available since last week. I downloaded and installed the 32-bit View Client on my two Win7 Ent PCs. I am now getting a bizzare error message when connecting to my View 4.6 environment as seen below or in the attachment. It apears it connects fine, validates my AD password, I select my desktop then errors out with an SSL related error message and indicates I do not have a secure tunnel connection

The current View Client 5 (with no Update) works fine connecting to my View 4.6 VDI environment.

Any thoughts or ideals?

Thanks in advance...

Scott

0 Kudos
3 Replies
berndwalter
Contributor
Contributor

Do you run a loadbalancer in front of the Security Server? We are experiencing the same problem with a F5 Balancer and two security servers. Seems to be a problem of the certificate chaing length...

0 Kudos
berndwalter
Contributor
Contributor

The Message occures here as well after upgrading to 5.0.1 from 5.0.0 - this really looks like VMware messed up the client or at least the way it handels certificates. My iPad Client as well as Client 4.6 is working without any errors.

0 Kudos
caryers
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, I do NOT use a load balancer for my Security servers, but I do for my Connection servers. I use NLB...

0 Kudos