VMware Horizon Community
BigDigital
Contributor
Contributor

New Pool > Linked Clones Windows Reboot required at login

We are running a Horizon View 5.2 Environment.  We are running in kiosk mode.  The pools are Win7 64-bit , floating, non-persistent, refresh at logoff settings.  I have a pool of about 50 VM's at the moment and are intended to grow soon.  The issue i'm having is that when a user logs in, they sometimes get a message "you must restart your computer to apply these changes" Restart.JPG.  This doesn't happen consistantly but often enough that this can keep users in an endless loop.  At first I thought that it might be that it installed the USB Mouse and Keyboard passing through to the VM and installing the drivers.  But if that was the case it would do it all the time.  Also I'm using a login script to map the printers so i'm not too sure if that is the issue. Any advice?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
nzorn
Expert
Expert

How many ESXi servers are in your cluster?  Are they all on identical hardware?  If not you need to power on the template on all of the ESXi hosts that have different hardware and take a new snapshot.

0 Kudos
BigDigital
Contributor
Contributor

We have 8 Hosts in the cluster.  I'll try this out.  Thanks for the response. Will post results.

0 Kudos
nzorn
Expert
Expert

Yeah that is most likely it, I've had this issue once when we threw a new server into the cluster.  Also make sure you turn on EVC mode in the cluster if your CPU's are in different families.

0 Kudos
vcpguy
Expert
Expert

Are your VMware Tools up to date ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos