VMware Horizon Community
homerjnick
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

New Pool - No Provisioning

I have one View Connection server running 5.1.1 build-799444.

I have 3 Linked Clones pools working fine.

I create a 4th and the pool is created fine...desktops are reported by View as to be "provisioning"....

No activity in creating my replica or VM's...

What is up?  There are no errors in Events...all good connections to my vCenter And Composer...

Any suggestions as to where to look?  Have rebooted both View & vCenter server...still no joy.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

No issues with performing a recompose on the other pools?    Have you generated any of the View log bundles?  

0 Kudos
homerjnick
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes I have generated the logs but can't see anything much in them..

I created a test pool and the replica started...the only difference betwen my live attempt and my test was the test was using a naming convention for VM's whilst I manually typed in the name of VM's for my failed pool...the names I entered were names of VM's that were live yesterday but have now been renamed....wonder if that is the issue...

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

That could be it. You could try another test pool and manually enter some different names to see if that works. At the very least it allows you to narrow down the problem area a little more.

0 Kudos
homerjnick
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I redid my pool but this time ensured names were not the same as old VM's and all is well...I also removed an apostrophe from the description...just in case...

0 Kudos