VMware Horizon Community
raleysm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

New Horizon 7 Server and 25 new machines have error

One out of 25 clients have the error in Horizon connector "View Connection Server communication error".  I have set this one up with a static ip and dhcp. It states that it is connected and provides the screen of which IP to log into. When I do this, that is when the error arrives. To show error on the client it has Firmware of 5.4.1 installed.  Currently I put in a static ip and tried to use the ping utility that keeps sending to different IP's but the response stays at 0. The machine can be pinged from other machines with no errors.  I have also placed this in other network jacks that have working WYSE boxes attached and the same messages appear. Anyone have suggestions on fixing ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Is this a Teradici zero client? Firmware 5.41 was released in January of 2017 and is compatible with Horizon 7.0 and one prior release. If you are running anything newer than 7.0 you should upgrade the firmware.

0 Kudos
raleysm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The firmware I have read in alot of other chats that is a 50% chance of fixing anything so I'm waiting to see what other suggestions come through but may try the firmware piece.

0 Kudos
raleysm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It is a WYSE 5030 PCoIP Zero Client and I would have to check on Horizon as I ordered version 7 but not sure what came on the dvd sent or if we downloaded any updates

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It's important to maintain Horizon and apply new releases on a regular basis (They are generally released quarterly). New Horizon releases are required to support new versions of Windows 10, introduce new functionality and bug/security fixes.

VMware Horizon 7 Documentation

Windows 10 Guest OS support FAQ for Horizon 7.x and 6.x (51663)

Supported versions of Windows 10 on Horizon Agent Including All VDI Clones (Full Clones, Instant Clo...

It's also important to maintain the Client, be it the Horizon Client or a zero client firmware for compatibility and bug/security fixes.

0 Kudos