VMware Horizon Community
admin
Immortal
Immortal

New Connection Greyed Out

Hello Everyone

I have just downloaded View Client for MAC from community main page.

When running in a MacOS 10.6.8 the new connection menu option is greyed out and there's no additional buttons to allow me to create a new connection (screen attached)

Does anyone faced this issue ? Is there any way to fix it ?

Thanks !

0 Kudos
4 Replies
pfergus
Contributor
Contributor

I'd say ignore the "New Connection" and double-click the server "cloud" icon.  This should cause the client to request authentication and present you with the View(s) you can connect to.  It appears in the TP that the menu option "New Connection" isn't completed.

Regarding missing toolbar buttons, I think you've hidden the toolbar.  Try clicking the wider button on the right-hand side of the window or control-click (or right-click) the window's title bar and select "Hide Toolbar" (which I think will cause it to be unchecked and reveal the toolbar buttons).

- Patrick

0 Kudos
MichaelW007
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've got the same problem. Can't create a new connection. Very strange.

0 Kudos
MichaelW007
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Looks like a bug in the client to me. I managed to fix the problem ok though. I connected to a desktop, went into full screen mode. Put my pointer at the top of the screen till the icon bar displayed and then disconnected the desktop. Then putting my pointer back to the top of the screen and displaying the icon bar again the new connection button also appeared. This is the only workaround I can find so far. If you go into a maximized view without full screen for some reason the window doesn't display the normal connect to and create new connection icons.

0 Kudos
MichaelW007
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

With the help of one of my contacts at VMware I have sorted this one out. Appears the icons are hidden by default in the latest OS X. Here is the very simple procedure to fix the problem.

If you are using Max OS X 10.6.8 and want to display icons on toolbar, please try below steps:

1. Right-click toolbar/window title bar

2. Select "Customize Toolbar"

3. Drag and drop the icons from pop-up dialog onto the toolbar of view window

This steps also can be used on Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x.

I used the above on View Client 1.7 for Mac.

0 Kudos