VMware Horizon Community
st84
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Network on VM's not updating after changing it on the Gold Image

Hi all,

I have encountered a weird issue with one of the Gold Images.

What I did:

1. Removed Network Adapter from Gold Image

2. Added new Network Adapter and attached the new network to it

3. Powered on the Gold Image

4 Did a ipconfig release/renew

5. Checked that it is now indeed pulling an IP from the new network

6. Powered off Gold Image

7. Snapshot

Now after applying the new snapshot with the new Network Adapter to the pool and doing a recompose, all the VM's still have the old Network attached to it.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

I believe this is expected - after a linked clone is created, its network settings are preserved across refresh/recompose operations. From View documentation:

"During View Composer recompose and rebalance operations, a best effort is made to ensure that the network label of each NIC attached to each linked-clone desktop is preserved when a linked clone inherits new NICs from a new base image. View preserves the network label of a NIC that was in place before the recompose or rebalance operation as long as the new base image has an available NIC configured with the same type of network switch. (A NIC can be configured with a standard network switch or distributed virtual network switch.)"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vcpguy
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Are you sure during the recompose operation you didn't select old snapshot?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

I believe this is expected - after a linked clone is created, its network settings are preserved across refresh/recompose operations. From View documentation:

"During View Composer recompose and rebalance operations, a best effort is made to ensure that the network label of each NIC attached to each linked-clone desktop is preserved when a linked clone inherits new NICs from a new base image. View preserves the network label of a NIC that was in place before the recompose or rebalance operation as long as the new base image has an available NIC configured with the same type of network switch. (A NIC can be configured with a standard network switch or distributed virtual network switch.)"

0 Kudos
VirtualSven
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You should delete the VM's from the View Manager. The VM's will then be recreated with the new settings.

Sven Huisman VMware vExpert 2009-2016 Twitter: @svenh blog: svenhuisman.com