VMware Horizon Community
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Need information on the PowerCLI cmdlets for VMware view

I have the following questions:

1. Connect-VIserver cmdlet gives an error. Please refer attached screenshot.

2. Need list of administrators in VMware view administrator under – View Configuration->Administrators. Is there any cmdlet I can use here?

I think the cmdlet Get-View AuthorizationManager has further few properties I could use here but am not sure, because I am blocked due to first point.

3. For vCenter server- need powerCLI cmdlet to get “connect using SSL” setting.

I observed the cmdlets -add-viewvc and update-viewvc both have this setting but get-viewvc does not list it.

4. Cmdlet to get Transfer server settings like ad account being used,etc ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander

1. Connect-VIServer is for connecting to vCenter / ESX, you don't use it to connect to the View connection server running on localhost

2. There isn't a cmdlet to get this information in the current releases, sorry

3. There's no explicit field but you can infer the use of SSL from the serverUrl output in Get-ViewVC, if it's https then SSL is on

4. Sorry, no cmdlet for this in the existing release either

admin
Immortal
Immortal

Thanks Mike, your answer was helpful.

I have another question. For connection server settings like:

-useSSLForLocal

-useSSLForLocalProvisioning
-directConnectForLocal

-directConnect

-directPCoIP

These can be found with the cmdlet : Get-connectionbroker | Where-Object{$_.type -ieq "Connection Server"} but it displays only the default values.

If I try changing these values in the connection server under : View Configuration | Servers | View Connection Server | Edit Settings, the cmdlet still displays the default values.

Is there some other cmdlet to get these settings or there is some other problem?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Ok figured it out. I had some enironment issues.

0 Kudos