VMware Horizon Community
GunnerTAC
Contributor
Contributor

Need help moving View host servers to new VCenter

I needed to move my VCenter instance from a physical to a virtual server. I have the new VCenter (4.1) up and running and functioning correctly. I have moved my 3 esx hosts to that new instance. My View Connection Server is hosted on one of those 3 moved hosts. I have also changed my backup software to see this new VCenter instance and hosts and it is functioning correctly also.

My question is on the movement of the two remaining esx hosts which contain my View 4.6 VDI. Is there a proper sequence to getting these two hosts moved to my new VCenter instance that won't disconnect all my VDI sessions? For instance, do I need to remove all the desktops from their respective pools in View Administrator...then remove the old VCenter instance as well. Then move the two VDI hosts to my new VCenter instance, add that in to View Administrator and then add the VDI desktops back into their respective pools? I'm pretty sure that will cause disconnects, wont' it?

Has anyone moved their VDI infrastructure from one instance of VCenter to another and are there any tips you could provide? TIA

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GunnerTAC
Contributor
Contributor

I should mention that these are not linked clones...just straight up individual desktops. Also, I know about moving to newer versions but can't do that right now.

0 Kudos