VMware Horizon Community
BMORick
Contributor
Contributor

Need help migrating VMwareView 4 server and VMs to new ESX hosts and new vCenter.

I currently have 2 ESX 3.5 hosts (not clustered), hosting 10 VMs and a vCenter 2.5 server, as well as a VMWare View 4 Server.

I have another newer vSphere 4.0U1 cluster and new vCenter 4.0 server that I need to migrate the VMs and VMWare View server to.

I have added the new vCenter server into View as a usable vcenter server, and I have added the old ESX3.5 hosts to the new vCenter server, so that I can storage and host migrate everything over into the new cluster.

I notice that when I choose to edit a VM in View, that it says you can choose the vCenter server that controls the VM.. but it will not change to the other server, or allow me to change it.

Does this mean that I should create a new Pool in View, and reassociate the VMs to the new vCenter server? Or is there an easier way to migrate these?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

This is not a straightforward process and I would recommend to contact VMware Support to get help with this.

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos