VMware Horizon Community
jay_gosar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Need help!!! Unable to create VDIs in a pool due to path mismatch on Vcenter and Horizon View Admin console

IMG_20200502_164718_01_01.jpgIMG_20200502_164822.jpg

Hi everyone. Need help /advise / suggestion.

Tried to create some linked clone dedicated VDIs in a pool but gave an error. Found that there was a mismatch of path configured in Admin console for that pool than that in Vcenter.

The path cannot be changed in Admin console. Thinking to move the VDIs out of the folder but will there be any impact? Also any other way / suggestions?

It's a Vsphere 5.1 infra. Pool name - TM-Bloom

SS attached.

TIA

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi jay_gosar

Per screenshot, seems like 'VDI-Pools' folder is missing from VM full path. You can update the path directly in View ADAM database as per below procedure:

> Take a snapshot of all connection servers first.

> Take a full backup of ADAM database as per VMware Knowledge Base

> Connect to View ADAM database as per VMware Knowledge Base

> Expand 'DC=vdi,DC=vmware,DC=int' and click on 'OU=Server Groups'

> On the right side you will see your desktop pool name 'TM-Bloom'. Right click > Properties (See screenshot below)

> Navigate to value 'pae-SVIVmDatastore' > Edit > Correct the path to reflect exact path as per vCenter. I think you just need to insert 'VDI-Pools' in the path which is missing. (See screenshot below)

> Click apply and ok.

> Refresh the View admin page and confirm if correct path is reflected in desktop pool summary page.

> If so, recompose the pool.

pastedImage_3.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi jay_gosar

Per screenshot, seems like 'VDI-Pools' folder is missing from VM full path. You can update the path directly in View ADAM database as per below procedure:

> Take a snapshot of all connection servers first.

> Take a full backup of ADAM database as per VMware Knowledge Base

> Connect to View ADAM database as per VMware Knowledge Base

> Expand 'DC=vdi,DC=vmware,DC=int' and click on 'OU=Server Groups'

> On the right side you will see your desktop pool name 'TM-Bloom'. Right click > Properties (See screenshot below)

> Navigate to value 'pae-SVIVmDatastore' > Edit > Correct the path to reflect exact path as per vCenter. I think you just need to insert 'VDI-Pools' in the path which is missing. (See screenshot below)

> Click apply and ok.

> Refresh the View admin page and confirm if correct path is reflected in desktop pool summary page.

> If so, recompose the pool.

pastedImage_3.png

jay_gosar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Appreciate your response Shreyskar. But is the recompose of that pool necessary? As it would affect 5 Dedicated VDIs that are already created.

Also the ADSI edit changes won't have any impact on other pools right?

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi jay_gosar

If you want to recompose the pool with any changes done on master image, you can do that Or else just increase the pool count to provision new machines.

BarryUWSEFS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Not exactly sure what you mean by "Tried to create some linked clone dedicated VDIs in a pool." You were adding VM's to an existing pool? Creating a new pool? If it is a linked clone pool, recomposing shouldn't hurt anything to existing, unless perhaps you are not using any kid of user management, meaning Persona, FSlogix, roaming profiles etc. The only time I ran into a folder mismatch was when a  master image got moved to a different folder, then a recompose pointing to the new location solved it.

jay_gosar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks very much! I could change the VM Folder name in Admin console back to what was required using the ADSI edit. It's Just that instead of Pae-VsiVMDatastore the changes needed to be made in VmName in ADSI edit properties. I think that's what you meant.

Anyways. I am able to add new VDIs now without any error. Appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi jay_gosar

Glad to hear it is working now.

Would appreciate if you can mark my post as helpful/correct.

0 Kudos
jay_gosar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just wanted to add linked clone VDIs to existing pool. But due to path mismatch (in ss above) it was giving me an error while VDI addition.

Thanks for your response though Smiley Happy

0 Kudos