VMware Horizon Community
lmemo
Contributor
Contributor

Need Help - "You are not entitled to use this system"

All,

I need help. I have been banging my head on this one for a while. I created a user which I believe should be able to log into the the View Portal, but every time I enter the proper credentials I receive this message: "You are not entitled to use the system". What? Why? Can anyone provide some insight into what is going on and what I need to do to correct this? Thanks in advance.

10 Replies
mjsvirt
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Is the user entitled to a desktop or a pool?

Is the user a member of the remote desktop users group or a group that is granted access to the remote desktop users group?

Jason Silva http://silvaecs.com http://twitter.com/silvaecs
0 Kudos
lmemo
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to log in now successfully without getting that error message. I can now see the pool that I have been entitled to view; however, I cannot see any desktops. Within the View Administrator on the Connection Server I added a VM to the Pool, but I can't see it via the View Portal. Any ideas? Thanks.

0 Kudos
jrVMguy
Contributor
Contributor

Just a thought - have you logged out of the View Portal and back in since you have added the desktop to the pool ????

as mjsvirt said is this user also in the Remote Desktop Users group on the actual VM that you added to the pool ???

just had an issue where I forgot to add the proper group to the remote desktop users group and had to log out of the Portal and back in to see the change.

0 Kudos
steveos
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I may be misunderstanding you, but here goes: You've created a pool and added a single VM to it. When you login through the portal, it sounds like you do see the pool you've been entitled to. That's good. You shouldn't see any mention of the specific VM you added to the pool. When you select a specific Desktop Pool via the portal, View Manager will pick out an available VM for you to use in that session. Which VM it picks will vary between the different Desktop types. That help?

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

In Horizon 7 Administrator --> Users and Groups --> Remote Access , add the user that you want to access View from outside your network.

daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Do you know you're replying to a 9 year old thread?

BrianVirtual
Contributor
Contributor

Lucky for me Shreyskar replied to an old thread because it was helpful to me!Smiley Happy

chriskoch99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This thread also just helped me in a Production down scenario, so thanks.   Smiley Happy 

Someone added a user to the Remote Access tab under Users and Groups, effectively locking out all of our normal remote (via UAG) users.   Checked the tab after reading this thread and sure enough... removed that individual user and all was resolved.   (Leaving it blank means everyone has access)

ankithb
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you,

0 Kudos
BBB36
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Keeping this thread alive!

0 Kudos