VMware Horizon Community
pcsanders25
Contributor
Contributor

Need Help: VWWare Install Failed error

Hello,

I reinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium OA (64bit) on my laptop and am trying to reinstall VMWare 5.0.0 and it shows "Install Failed".  I also had an error with Microsoft .NET Framework...I am unsure how to get past this error with VMWare.  I've attached the log file. 

Please help!

Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

Devi scaricare e installare "Microsoft .NET Framework":

Download .NET Framework | Free official downloads

VMware 5.5 of which product?

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
pcsanders25
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Horizon Client 5.0.0 - 12606690 (for Windows)

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You are having issues installing the vc_14_redist_x86 package. Have you tried installing that package manually and then retry the installation?

You can download it from Microsoft page.

Do you have any error on the Event Viewer?

0 Kudos
pcsanders25
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks...I apologize but I'm not that technical, I am but I am not well versed.  It also appears that I am having issues with .net framework install, which it is not letting me update properly.  I am getting now an error.

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Basically there is another Windows Update that is not installed and is preventing you to doing the update. Click on the hyperlink that appears in your error and then see where it redirects you.

0 Kudos
ee7
Contributor
Contributor

To resolve the VMware installation issue on Windows 7, follow these steps:

System Requirements: Check if your laptop meets VMware 5.0.0's system requirements.

Update Windows and .NET Framework: Ensure Windows is up to date, including .NET Framework updates.

Clean Installation: Uninstall existing VMware installations, then reinstall.

Run as Administrator: Right-click the installer and choose "Run as Administrator."

Disable Security Software: Temporarily disable security software during installation.

Check Log File: Review the installation log for error messages.

Compatibility Mode: Try running the installer in compatibility mode.

Contact VMware Support: If issues persist, contact VMware support.

Consider OS Upgrade: Think about upgrading to a supported Windows version, as Windows 7 has reached its end of life.

Backup important data before making changes, and use a legitimate VMware installer from official sources.

best regards

sitemise

0 Kudos