VMware Horizon Community
murben
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

NVidia Grid 2.0 and vSphere HA

I watched an NVidia Webinar last week regarding changes in vSphere 6.5 that enabled support for HA in Nvidia Grid enabled VM's.  I could have sworn that they said the support was also added to vSphere 6.0 Update 3, but can't seem to find any documentation supporting that.

Can anyone confirm if vSphere 6.0 Update 3 does support HA for NVidia Grid VM's?

Thanks!

3 Replies
TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Sadly no, that is a feature exclusive to vSphere 6.5. I know this as I have done several vGPU deployments, including a recent one in vSphere 6.5.

For reference, here is the the link for the "Whats New in Vsphere 6.5": http://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/whitepaper/vsphere/vmw-white-paper-...

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂
0 Kudos
murben
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Actually, after experiencing a host failure today, I can confirm that HA successfully failed over a vGPU VM to a new host.  This does appear to be working on vSphere 6.0 U3.  I also found the replay of the webinar I attended, with the slide:

pastedImage_0.png

TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I stand corrected, well done!

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂
0 Kudos