VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

NAT and VMware View

I'm

trying yet use VMware View, where an external person uses a VPN to

connect to my Park View, but my Connection Server is running NAT, and

the client trying to connect in my park he can not get the virtual

machine. Are there any restrictions?! Any tips?

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"*

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

That's correct PCOIP will not work over the security server. If your utilizing VPN and connecting to an internal conection broker it should work though again the NAT might throw things off. Should be a straightforward test though.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

Twitter: http://twitter.com/mittim12

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I think i remember reading somewhere that the tunneling aspect of VMware View doesn't work well with a NAT but I can't remember for sure. If you run the support logs do you get any information or errors? Is this connection server in direct mode or tunneled mode? What protocol are you trying to connect with RDP or PCOIP?

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

i configure the External URL, and with RPD works fine. now i will test with PCoIP. Have any requeriments , out the good link ?

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"*

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Just remember PCOIP can't be tunneled and requires a direct connection.

MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

PCoIP works with View if i don´t have Security Server ?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

That's correct PCOIP will not work over the security server. If your utilizing VPN and connecting to an internal conection broker it should work though again the NAT might throw things off. Should be a straightforward test though.

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The test with RDP works fine, but with PCoIP not ! I can connect and after login the screen goes black. Any suggestion ?

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Mittim,

The VPN not is direct, maybe this is a problem.

in 40 days i will test again, but with direct connection.

Thanks for all!

0 Kudos