VMware Horizon Community
WLesler
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Muti-Factor Authentication with DUO Security

We are changing from RSA to DUO Security for our MFA using Horizon View 6.2.3. On first screen when using the Hoizon View Client it display's "username" and "passcode" when in fact you are entering your AD "username" and "password".

What I am looking for is a way to change the wording of "passcode" to "password" so that our users do not get confused and end up trying to enter a DUO passcode.

Has anyone experienced the same issue using DUO Security?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
amr12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We had this exact same thing happen to us and it is normal for it to show Passcode and not Password when connecting externally.  Having said that, we opened a ticket with VMware and they acknowledged this is not possible as it is hard coded into the VMware View Client.

You may just want to make your users aware that passcode = password with the implementation of Duo.

From support:

I understand that you noticed the change in phrasing when enabling two factor authentication. This has definitely been discussed before and unfortunately, that word is hard coded into the Horizon Client and is unable to be changed. I guess we could enter a feature request for that to be changed, but the chances are extremely small granted that our developers explained the term password is being replaced by passcode as the industry standard. I apologize there isn't anything we can do to change this. Please let me know if you have any questions.

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There is a limited amount of customisation available with RADIUS configuration.

The "Label" configured on Connection Server for the RADIUS authenticator does appear in the client user prompt. A value of "XXX Token" for the label will appear as "Enter your XXX Token user name and passcode".

What some admins do is set the label to be something like "Domain credentials for" which will show the user "Enter your Domain credentials for user name and passcode". Or "AD user name and password" for "Enter your AD user name and password for user name and passcode" etc.

Mark

0 Kudos