VMware Horizon Community
tkboje
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Multiple simultaneously sessions on a single VM through Horizon?

Hi,

Would it be possible through Horizon to allow multiple users have simultaneously sessions on the same server? We are building a pretty strict separate environment/domain, where it could be beneficial to grant access to a few shared management servers through Horizon (with MFA etc.)

I have tried created a Manual desktop pool containing a Server 2019 VM. I thought it was possible using the the "Enable  Multi-User Assignment" option, but now realize that it if an assigned user has a connected or disconnected session, other assigned users are not able to launch a session. Any other ways to accomplice this? Thanks 🙂

Br,

Thomas

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Olgir
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Maybe an RDS Desktop Pool is what you want? You will need to create a farm, then add your servers there and then create a pool based on this farm. Users will be redirected to the least used server, even if there are connections already. You will also have to install remote desktop services on your servers. It may be necessary to reinstall Horizon agent on these servers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Olgir
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Maybe an RDS Desktop Pool is what you want? You will need to create a farm, then add your servers there and then create a pool based on this farm. Users will be redirected to the least used server, even if there are connections already. You will also have to install remote desktop services on your servers. It may be necessary to reinstall Horizon agent on these servers.

0 Kudos
tkboje
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply - it might be the way to go 🙂

For testing, I have installed RDS on a Server 2019 - created a farm and a RDS Desktop Pool based on this farm.

The first user logs in as expected, but the next got the "No RDS host in this farm support multiple sessions. Please contact your administrator". I don't find any limitation on the server in this matter.. It should at least could handle 2 active sessions, right? Or is terminal server role/licenses a requirement? 🙂

Br,
Thomas

0 Kudos
Olgir
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, you must install remote desktop services role

0 Kudos