VMware Horizon Community
RajeshBrave
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Multiple sessions showing in VMware Horizon View for dedicated pool

Hi All,

While checking in the session tab in Horizon View console, i can see single user has multiple sessions(Once connected and second session in disconnected state) for the same dedicated VDI VM.

Need to understand the reason behind it and to understand will this cause any issue.

Also in this scenario will user will connect to same session or new session will be created.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Rajesh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PCTechStream
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

The string is going to stop users from getting multiple sessions, if your environment got impacted by this just

reverse the change, edit the attribute again and remove the new string “cs-allowfallbackfromexistingsession=0”

NOTE: I got the following example on how users got "multiple sessions" from an article online. I didn't write it but I would like to share it with everyone.

EXAMPLE: "two desktop launch requests that came in from the same client connection in quick succession, spaced two seconds apart. Client log files imply the most likely scenario is that the user requested the desktop, immediately hit cancel on the wait dialog after the request was dispatched, and then launched it a second time. The View Connection Server correctly identified an existing disconnected session for the user while processing the first request at 13:18:57 for example, and provided the client with details to reconnect. The client dropped the Connection Server’s response and sent a second request at 13:18:59. This in turn was routed to the same VM, but the request was rejected as the first connection was still being set up by the View Agent. At this point the Connection Server then fell back to providing the user with a new session as the original was unavailable."

I hope that will help you understand "getting multiple sessions"

Raul. Smiley Happy

VMware VDI Administrator

http://ITCloudStream.com/

www.ITSA.Cloud

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PCTechStream
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Just to add my two cents!!! This might happened when the user requested the desktop & immediately hit cancel. It's totally up to you if you want to try this:

Solution:

1. From the View Connection Server connect to the ADAM database

2. Navigate to the object CN=Common,OU=Global,OU=Properties,DC=vdi,DC=vmware,DC=int

3. In the Attribute Editor for the object, edit pae-NameValuePair attribute

4. Add a new string to the attribute with value:  cs-allowfallbackfromexistingsession=0

5. Click OK to close the editor. Done!!!

VMware recommends that the option to disable the default fallback behaviour is enabled, when a user ended up receiving multiple session.

Raul

VMware VDI Administrator

www.ITSA.Cloud
RajeshBrave
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply Raul.

Can you please help me to understand the flag cs-allowfallbackfromexistingsession=0

Need to understand that flag and also want to understand that by doing this changes anything will be impacted with regards to user connection perspective.

Also want to understand having multiple sessions, one in connected and other in disconnected state, will user be getting the same session.

Regards,

Rajesh

0 Kudos
PCTechStream
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

The string is going to stop users from getting multiple sessions, if your environment got impacted by this just

reverse the change, edit the attribute again and remove the new string “cs-allowfallbackfromexistingsession=0”

NOTE: I got the following example on how users got "multiple sessions" from an article online. I didn't write it but I would like to share it with everyone.

EXAMPLE: "two desktop launch requests that came in from the same client connection in quick succession, spaced two seconds apart. Client log files imply the most likely scenario is that the user requested the desktop, immediately hit cancel on the wait dialog after the request was dispatched, and then launched it a second time. The View Connection Server correctly identified an existing disconnected session for the user while processing the first request at 13:18:57 for example, and provided the client with details to reconnect. The client dropped the Connection Server’s response and sent a second request at 13:18:59. This in turn was routed to the same VM, but the request was rejected as the first connection was still being set up by the View Agent. At this point the Connection Server then fell back to providing the user with a new session as the original was unavailable."

I hope that will help you understand "getting multiple sessions"

Raul. Smiley Happy

VMware VDI Administrator

www.ITSA.Cloud