VMware Horizon Community
TristramCheer
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple servers on different domains + 1 vCenter

Hi Guys,

I've had some spare servers kicking around and decided to look at view 5.0, First off I'm extremely impressed - view has always been something thats been in the too hard basket but after seeing the 3d and video performance i'm amazed.

We have a client who's looking to host their clients AD servers with us and I would like to know if I have say 5 AD domains each with their own connection server can I use a single vcenter for the CS to connect to?

The clients AD servers are for small offices of 5-30 users and seperate servers with their own vCenter for each domain/client is out of the question. Does anyone know if you can do this?   

Cheers!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

I don't see why not as the vCenter is independent of the domains you virtual desktops and view servers - I know of a number of companies hosting virtual offices for clients being managed by a single vCenter - 

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
pcerda
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi

You can use a single vCenter Server without any issues, because the vCenter Server is independent of the domain used by View Connection Servers and Virtual Desktops.  The 5 Connections Servers can  be joined to separated domains and to use the same vCenter Server.

Best Regards

Regards / Saludos - Patricio Cerda - vExpert 2011 / 2012 / 2013
0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Just curious but would you be using composer in all these domains? 

0 Kudos