VMware Horizon Community
YoonJY
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple monitors with different scale

I have two monitors.

One supports FHD, 1920 X 1080(Dell, scale 1005) and other one supports 2736X1824(Surface Pro 7, scale 200%).
I use Surface Pro 7 display as second display and use FHD monitor as main display.

I faced the problem at this time because of that Surface Pro 7 display is too small to read it.

Horizon VDI supports its display size(2736*1824) but it doesn't recognize the scale which are adapted in Surface Pro 7 display.
When I connect the VDI and go to the setting and changed the scale on the control board, but it doesn't work well. (its screen looks like awful)

Do you have any experience about it?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
YunYiQun
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi, 

What's the version you are using for client and agent?

In 2012 version and later, Horizon supports DPI sync per monitor, which means each display's scale will be synced up to remote independently.

Please take a look at: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Horizon-Client-for-Windows/2111/horizon-client-windows-installatio...

If possible, please upgrade. It requires both sides upgrade(client and agent.)

If not able to upgrade, you may try to use scale 200% monitor as primary monitor. The known issue would be the the font will become larger in 100% display.

0 Kudos
YoonJY
Contributor
Contributor

My VMware Horizon client is 2106 / 8.3(18287501)

I'm not sure how to know server version because I'm not IT manager.

I faced this problem. "If not able to upgrade, you may try to use scale 200% monitor as primary monitor. The known issue would be the the font will become larger in 100% display."

If I use 200% monitor primary then, 100% monitor's scale is 200%. how to fix it?

0 Kudos