VMware Horizon Community
c1sgreer
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple monitors not working with Win10 VMs in View 6.2.0

Hi there

I'm wondering if anyone can help me solve an issue that I can't seem to get to the bottom of. We run a VMware View environment, v6.2.0 (both connection server and agent), and I've provisioned a Win10 VM, however cannot get any client sessions to display more than a single monitor. The max monitors session in Connection server is set to 2 (I have tried setting it to 4 as well, but no cigar), and have tried changing settings on both a Teradici zero client and a Windows software client, however neither allow multiple monitors.

When connecting to the same VM directly using RDP, multiple monitors works fine, so it is definitely not a group policy setting.

I have tried reinstalling the VM and using a different version of the agent - both to no avail.

I'm interested to know if anyone else has experienced the same thing or whether this is a know feature shortcoming?

Appreciate any help.

regards

Simon

0 Kudos
2 Replies
joshopper
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Have you tried manually increasing the vRAM assigned to the machine?

Set the default protocol to PCoIP, set Allow users to choose Protocol to no, change 3D Renderer to Automatic and then hit the "Configure" button. Slide that all the way up to 512MB and re-test.

0 Kudos
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I've ran into this issue a few times:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=102789...

specifically step 3.

I've also seen this approach work to resolve the problem - removing the View Agent, rebooting, reinstalling the View Agent, and then letting the desktop sit overnight

0 Kudos