VMware Horizon Community
HARAMO
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple monitors fails Horizon 5.5.4 client

Dear

After trying and trying , searching this forum and google, I have to ask for support:

Tested on 2 different Windows 11 laptops, and on a third, Win 10 laptop:

see photo i have uploaded the monitor settings.

If I select only one monitor, i can work on the remote server without any issues.

the moment I select two monitors: one monitor shows a smaller desktop and second only black.

and I can't work on the remote server, mouse does not move in the remote desktop.

Hope someone can help?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
mrkasius
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @HARAMO ,

Does the issue occur when the primary monitor of the laptop is at the top-left?

0 Kudos
HARAMO
Contributor
Contributor

Update :

when I use an updated client( 2111 ) , same issue.

but logging on another server using the horizon 2111 all 3 monitors are working.

what can be the issue on the other server?

0 Kudos
HARAMO
Contributor
Contributor

Primary monitor? is that the laptopscreen itself?

If you mean the settings in windows screen settings : If I open these settings I see three monitors, in middle my middel external monitor, left form this monitor the second external monitor and from the complete right the laptopmonitor.

it's the same as the picture of the horizonclient showing the screens.

0 Kudos
mrkasius
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@HARAMO wrote:

Update :

what can be the issue on the other server?

Another server, as in replicated instance of horizon connection server?

0 Kudos
mrkasius
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@HARAMO wrote:

Primary monitor? is that the laptopscreen itself?

Yes. Put the laptop screen to the left and your secondary screen(s) to the right.

0 Kudos
HARAMO
Contributor
Contributor

I mean when I log in to my remote desktop

on one office I can succesfully use all screens (no need to put laptopscreen at left in windows settings).

but the other office where I work for, only posible one screen at a time.

So I think it's a setting issue not on my side but on vmware side? (server? cloud?)

0 Kudos
HARAMO
Contributor
Contributor

Dear

to test I put my laptop screen to the left  in screen settings in windows, then tried to log in but same issue, all black and if I exit full screen then only one screen works. (used client 2111 not anyomre 5.5.4).

is there another updated client app?

0 Kudos
HARAMO
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks

same issue with latest client  if all monitors are selected in vmware client settings

So I have to conclude it's an isssue on the side of the remote desktop settings:

when I open the screen properties of this remote desktop screen settings: I can see twee monitors, number one and left number two, when I click identify , only number 2 is showen on one of my monitors. 

I believe that the monitors will work if the settings on the remote desktop are changed. But don't know how. Someone can help?

0 Kudos
HARAMO
Contributor
Contributor

Dear, 

I googled the issue 'black monitors mware, and it could be an issue in the resolution setup to high so my monitors will not be able to go on correctly.

I will ask to setup the resolution to automatic or ... . then see if issue is solved.

0 Kudos