VMware Horizon Community
Advlegal
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple domain authentication problem.

Hi All,

This one has me stumped. We are have multiple domains in multiple isolated forests connected in with our View environment. Running view 6.0.1 currently. Our view management domain(DOMAIN1) is running on 2012 R2 and the active directory is running in 2012 R2 mode. We added our first 2012 R2(running in 2012 R2 Directory mode) domain(DOMAIN2) today into View today. The VM's provisioned out and joined to the trusted domain without any issues. Since this is a shared environment we hide all the joined domains from view by using the VDMAdmin utility. So when a user logs in they must put in their usersname@domain. This has been working just fine on the other dozen or so domains in the environment.

Well on this 2012 R2 domain that does not seem to work. It errors out with a "authentication failed" error message. In reviewing the debug logs on the connection server. It appears to be trying to the authenticate as "Domain1\username@domain2.local"

If I un-hide the domain2 with the VDMAdmin tool and just put the username and select domain2 from the View client drop down, I am allowed to authenticate without any issues.

Any thoughts? I am stumped.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Advlegal
Contributor
Contributor

Going to bump this back to the top. VMWare support seems to be just as stumped on this one as well. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos