VMware Horizon Community
saamd
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple VDM for same VC Server

Hi,

I need to use multiple vdm server for my same VC Server is this possible?

Mind you this is not multiple VDMReplica Server but Multiple connection broker.

I will be using 2.01 build 596 and want to test VDM 3.0 but with same VC Server 2.5 U4.Can I do that ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Sure. You could have composer installed for the View 3.x versions and have different View servers using the same master for linked clones that each uses. The idea is to allow scalability easily. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

That is not what he asked, what he asked is can he use the same vCenter for both VDM2.1 (production) and View3.0 (Test). not replica View connection broker instances.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Tom Howarth VCP / vExpert

VMware Communities User Moderator

Blog: www.planetvm.net

Contributing author for the upcoming book "VMware Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment”.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I know. What I was referring to was not different replicas but rather that the environment can grow within an organization as desired or planned (e.g., different departments need their own View environment but only one vCenter is available).

0 Kudos