VMware Horizon Community
oiler110
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple Sessions Occurring per User

We have several floating pools where users will sign in on a second device while a session is active on another device and end up with a new session rather than joining their previous session. Allow multiple sessions per user is set to no, and automatic logoff after disconnect is set to never (as per http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=100758...). The cases I have personally witnessed were using a secondary device to connect, but I am wondering if some users are just trying to reconnect after a session timeout and ending up with a new session as well.

Has anyone else had issues with users receiving new sessions rather than successfully connecting back to an existing session that they are just disconnected from?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
23 Replies
BigDigital
Contributor
Contributor

I'm currently seeing this in our environment as well.  We are using View 5.3 without Persona Management.  Allow multiple sessions per user = No, logoff at disconnect =No. To connection servers load balanced.

I will try to uninstall and re-install the Agent. But will need to reach out to VMware first. 

0 Kudos
Pooran98
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We are also seeing this issue but we are using LIquidware Labs Profile Unity.  We have agent 6.0.1 installed on the base image.  I will try to uninstall agent from the base image then reinstall to see if that help.

0 Kudos
h3nkY
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I guess there is "something" made View agent didn't respond to connection server when "session start" message came. If connection doesn't receive the respond from agent, then connection will try to assign another VM to requested user. The cause may be vary and you need to see agent logs of problematic VM (VM which previously user logged in) and connection server logs.

I suggest you to raise support ticket with your support channel.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
jnby
Contributor
Contributor

Did uninstalling and reinstalling the Agent fix the issue for you?

Thanks.

0 Kudos