VMware Horizon Community
g0dMAn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Multiple Monitor Display Positioning

We mostly connect from zero clients to our VMs here.  Running multiple monitors works fairly well, and I can even do a mixed portrait and landscape setup, but the problem is the monitor positioning.

Is there any way to successfully alter the positioning of the monitors?  The zero clients line up the monitors perfectly from edge-to-edge, and don't allow you to raise or lower them.  If we try to position it from within Windows, it doesn't stick.  I even tried the registry hack to allow display setting changes within Windows on a VM, but that's only to allow the changing of the resolution.

I checked with a View Client from a Windows desktop and it works perfectly.  The problem is from a Zero Client... I guess I have to contact Teradici, but if someone has gotten it to work, then please let me know.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander

This is probably something you'll need to follow up with Teradici on. The client sends display topology to the desktop at connection time. This includes number of displays, their ordering, display resolution, and their offset relative to each other. So the settings must somehow be configured on the zero client itself to be sent over.

g0dMAn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I actually opened up a ticket with them just after I posted this.  I'm afraid they're going to say that "it'll be available in a future firmware update" and God knows when.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
bgrabkowitz
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem using a WYSE P45 client.

Any updates on this?

0 Kudos
g0dMAn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Nope.  I put in a feature request with them after I created this thread. They'll contact me if they ever add the feature.  For now, you have to use a thin client or the Horizon Client to do it correctly.  It won't work from a zero client.

0 Kudos