VMware Horizon Community
KJK
Contributor
Contributor

Multipe URL's for VMWare View access

Is it possible to utilize multiple url's to access the same VMWare View infrastructure?

Right now I have 1 security server and 1 connection server.  I would like to bring up a new url so that we can change the url the clients connect to (The connection is via https). I have a lot of clients connecting and it would be easier for me to bring up a new url so that I can migrate clients to the new url with the least amount of user impact.

Looking through the infrastructure it looks like what I would need to do is bring up a new security server and a new connection server but using different urls/ips on the PCOIP secure gateway and secure tunnel.

I'm looking for an option that requires the least amount of work.

thanks!!!

2 Replies
twrangham
Contributor
Contributor

What type, if any certs do you have out on the Security and Connection servers? I mention this b/c I would think you might be able to add another alternate name on the cert or if its a wildcard you could create a DNS record to the same IP. Have them go ahead and use the new name, then once the new system is ready switch the DNS name to the new SS/CS entry point on the back end.

arjanhs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Currently I'm providing desktops within multiple domains which are using different URL for accessing the environment. All the View Brokers are part of the same View Pod and so is the replication of the AD LDS information.

You can add an additional View Broker server and configure it with the URL you waned to use.

Arjan

0 Kudos