VMware Horizon Community
jbedics
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Multimonitor Issue - Inverted "T"

I have a problem when using 3 monitors in an inverted "T".  If I launch the View Client without any GPO or command line parameters and select MultiMonitor from the dropdown, everything displays correctly.  However, if I attempt to pass the -desktopLayout multimonitor parameter, or use a GPO to force multimonitor, the desktop will open fullscreen only on the lower left monitor.  If I rearrange the monitors to be 3 in a horizonal line the commandline parameter and the GPO work as expected.  The View Connection Server, Client, and Agent are all version 4.6.0 and the desktop pool is correctly configured for PCoIP and 3 Monitors @ 1600x1050 resolution.  The endpoint is an HP T5730 thin client running Windows XPe SP3.  After a little more testing I also noticed that anytime I move the 3rd monitor above screen 1 and 2 the issue occurs (an "L" layout has the same issue as the inverted "T").  Has anyone else seen this issue (or can anyone else recreate it)?  Normally this wouldn't be a big deal to me, but the customer in this case needs all the parameters other than username and password forced to limit enduser interaction.  Any ideas?

--Jim

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi Jim,

This is a known issue, when the command line parameter is read the client doesn't yet know it's a PCoIP connection and assumes it can't do a non-rectangle screen setup. Unfortunately there's no workaround, you'll have to wait for the next (minor) release to address it.

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi Jim,

This is a known issue, when the command line parameter is read the client doesn't yet know it's a PCoIP connection and assumes it can't do a non-rectangle screen setup. Unfortunately there's no workaround, you'll have to wait for the next (minor) release to address it.

Mike

0 Kudos
jbedics
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks!  I figured it was something like that.  Even tried to forcing the protocol with the command line, but still didn't work.  Glad to know I'm not crazy!  I'll wait for the next release.

--Jim

0 Kudos