VMware Horizon Community
orczakm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Multible entry points for View users

Hey volks,

We have a working Vmware View 5.1.1 Environment in our Company running. We're using a single connection server this time for providing access to the VDI pool - only for internal staff only. Now we have to provide VDI to external users that comes by VPN, but behind a TMG Server (that is located in one of our DMZ areas). Actually we have the internal IP from the connection server as PCoIP Secure Gateway. So,i think we have to setup another connection server and bind them to the same vcenter, right? This second connection server will have the IP of the TMG internal NIC interface as PCoIP Secure Gateway address, right? If so, what kind of installation do i have to run, standard, replica or security server? As i understood i have to use replica, is this correct?

Thanks in advance for your answers....

Greetz,

Matthias

Die Welt ist binär - es gibt nur einsen und Nullen
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes, you are right , you need replica. However if you install Security server with this replica server, you dont need VPN to access this virtual deskop.

Regards

Mohammed

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes, you are right , you need replica. However if you install Security server with this replica server, you dont need VPN to access this virtual deskop.

Regards

Mohammed

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
0 Kudos
orczakm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey Mohammed,

Thanks for your feedback. Due to security restrictions it is not allowed to place the VMware security GW in the DMZ and link them directly to the TMG, this was my first idea, but is not working on political restrictions here Smiley Sad

Greetz,

Matthias

Die Welt ist binär - es gibt nur einsen und Nullen
0 Kudos