VMware Horizon Community
Poort443
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Multi monitor with RDP?

I've read that PCoIP supports up to four monitors. Does this also work with RDP? I'm planning to use Windows 7, and RDP7 does support it. I don't mean the span feature, but "true"multi monitor support. Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Correct RDP 7 supports multimon. With some limitations still. Such as AERO. You will need a RDP7 to Win7 backend as you described. Currently View does not support RDP7 so you will not be able to get it to work but in the future when it does this will be possible.

WP

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rtackett
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

All versions of RDP up to v7 only support multiple monitors via the /span switch. Ultimately this means that they are still just one big monitor. There is third party software like Wyse TCX Multi Display (free) and Splitview 2009 which do give you behavior that is very close to normal Windows multimonitor but it's not exactly the same. I have tested it with up to four monitors and it does work.

admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Correct RDP 7 supports multimon. With some limitations still. Such as AERO. You will need a RDP7 to Win7 backend as you described. Currently View does not support RDP7 so you will not be able to get it to work but in the future when it does this will be possible.

WP

0 Kudos