VMware Horizon Community
mrhcnetman
Contributor
Contributor

Mulit-monitor using a laptop.

I am attempting to use mulit-monitor function within the VMware View client. I have a widescreen laptop with a widescreen monitor connected that I am wanting to use the mulit-monitor. When it launches it does display across both screens however not fully. I do not have the option on the laptop to do a stretched screen across both monitors. I can only set it up in independent mode. Is there some way to get it to stretch across both monitors Any help will be appricated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
hmartin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You didn't provide much detail, so I'll assume that you're running Win XP on the laptop and Win XP2 in the guest VM. RDP requires both displays to be set to the same resolution (e.g. 1440x900). Also, assuming you're using the View client (web or full), I believe there's a muli-monitor selection you must make. I use thin clients, so don't use the View Client very much. Good luck.

0 Kudos
asherman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am pretty sure you need to have your monitors in extended mode. What do you mean by independent mode?

I have found that the Y-axis is all that is important. You can have a widescreen and a non-widescreen monitor work (ex: 1360x720 and 1024x720), as long as you choose resolutions that share the same Y-axis.

0 Kudos
mrhcnetman
Contributor
Contributor

Let me make some clarification. The laptop has the function key where it is a clone, where the external monitor is working and the laptop is off or extended where it is across both monitor. Now extended here is the same as what I am calling independent. You will notice that in this mode the taskbar will not go on the bottom of the secondary monitor. There is not an option to stretch the screen so that the taskbar is on both screen. I have a PC that is dual monitors and I am using 2 standard monitors and the dual monitors configuration works fine. It has 4 functions that are Single, Clone, Stretched and Independent (Extended). The laptop only appears to have Clone, Single, and Extended (Independent). I am unable to stretch it.

0 Kudos
TShoun
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The only solution that I know of that would allow you to do this would be an additional piece of software, similar to the WYSE TCX multi-monitor software that is used to allow the use of multiple monitors attached to a wyse thin client in a view session.

0 Kudos