VMware Horizon Community
MooreOrtho
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Muliple Users, One View Desktop

Hello!  I've been tasked with setting up a view desktop in a conference room that would be available to any user that needs it.  We are using Wyse P25's as the zero clients.  My difficulty is this, is there a way to assign a desktop to that zero client and still allow a user to login to windows on it?  I've played around with Kiosk mode however I couldn't figure out how to allow multiple users the ability to login on it.  Any thoughts?  Most of my users already have access to a desktop pool however what I've been asked to do is separate that from this conference room desktop.  One thing I thought of would to be setup a seperate View connection server with a floating desktop that's available to everyone however can two separate connection servers access the same backend resources at the same time?  (i.e. ESXi, vCenter, etc)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mikebarnett
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The setting you're looking for is the AllowSingleSignon policy. Disabling this will cause the VM to require reauthentication at the desktop and will enable the use case you're looking for.

Details on this setting can be found here:

View Agent Configuration ADM Template Settings

You will need to install the View Agent ADM template in AD and apply this policy for it to be active. You can also assign the template to just the single VM if needed.

-Mike

Twitter: @MikeBarnett_

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mikebarnett
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The setting you're looking for is the AllowSingleSignon policy. Disabling this will cause the VM to require reauthentication at the desktop and will enable the use case you're looking for.

Details on this setting can be found here:

View Agent Configuration ADM Template Settings

You will need to install the View Agent ADM template in AD and apply this policy for it to be active. You can also assign the template to just the single VM if needed.

-Mike

0 Kudos
MooreOrtho
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So I would go through the normal kiosk setup for this desktop but use group policy plus this template to force the AD login correct?

0 Kudos
mikebarnett
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yessir! You setup Kiosk mode just as you normally would using the View docs and then apply this GPO to cause the Kiosk login to wait at the windows login prompt for a user to log in.

-Mike

MooreOrtho
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Great!  thanks Mike!

0 Kudos
mikebarnett
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Happy to help! Post back if you hit any issues getting this up and running.

-Mike

0 Kudos
MooreOrtho
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So far so good, I found a quick and easy write up on the kiosk process here:

PeteNetLive - KB0000610 - VMware View 5 - Configure and Deploy Clients in 'Kiosk Mode'

It took few reboots and logging in to get it working right.  I configured the zero client a little too early and had to power it down to get the windows desktop finished (group policy, etc).  But it seems to be working now

0 Kudos