VMware Horizon Community
lawrencej
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Moving persistent disks

Hi all,

Is it possible to separate persistent disks from the linked-clone when the pool is already created? If yes, where?

When I create a new pool I can decide, if I want to separate the persistent disk from the OS, but in our existing pool I can't see that option.

If it's not impossible: is there an easy way, to migrate the persistent disks from one pool to another with the option I mentioned above?

Thanks,

James

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
carlosgut
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi James :

Editing pool, you have a check "Selecta separate datastores for replica and OS disk". If active you can change both linked clone and replica disk datastores.

Now rebalancing desktop it moves to new datastore. I have check it to move linked clone but not replica disk (unique for pool); may be rebalancing, or recomposing the pool replica disk moves.

Regards

Txarli

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
carlosgut
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi James :

Editing pool, you have a check "Selecta separate datastores for replica and OS disk". If active you can change both linked clone and replica disk datastores.

Now rebalancing desktop it moves to new datastore. I have check it to move linked clone but not replica disk (unique for pool); may be rebalancing, or recomposing the pool replica disk moves.

Regards

Txarli

0 Kudos