VMware Horizon Community
bcecka
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Mouse stuck on the left side of the screen

Seemingly at random, when I log into a VM in my test pool the mouse can move vertically up and down but only horizontally about an inch from the left edge. I reinstalled VM Tools and recomposed yesterday and that seemed to work, but this morning it's happening again. If I log off and back on again to a different VM in the pool (Linked Clones) then all is well. I've just enabled logging on my zero client to see if anything interesting shows up when it happens (this one is an LGN2210, but it's happened on other brands -- all Tera1). Any ideas on what could be causing this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

the VM in question is using the "VMware pointing device" driver for the mouse, correct?  Also, on the VM in question, there are no other 3rd party drivers installed for any such of scrolling mouse?

bcecka
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Correct on both. Device Manager shows that the mouse is a "VMware Pointing Device" and that it is working properly. There's no other pointer-related devices installed -- in fact this image is fairly clean with only browsers and Office 2013 installed.

0 Kudos
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

What view agent is being used. Also set number of monitor to 4 at pool level. make sure it has more than 128mb Video RAM. Along with, enable 3D.

Regards

Mohammed

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
bcecka
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We're using the 5.2.0.987719 agent with Horizon View 5.2.0 build-987719. I previously had the VM set for 2 monitors, 128MB VRAM, and 3D support, and am recomposing right now with the same VRAM (can't go higher than that on vSphere 5.0) but with 4 monitors. The pool settings were already set for the max of 2 monitors and also set for 128MB VRAM. I'll report back after checking a few of them out.

0 Kudos
bcecka
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Well, this morning upon logging in to my test pool I still have the issue. Any more ideas out there?

0 Kudos